Who doesn’t love mushrooms and Marsala? Well that’s exactly what I was craving and this meal fit the bill! Trying to still stay healthy, I added some other veggies that added color and a variety of flavors, and used half and half instead of a full fat heavy cream. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
*Be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom to learn more about the giveaway I am hosting.
Gnocchi with Marsala Cream Sauce
- 8 oz Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped into bite size pieces
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/8 cup sundried tomatoes, julienne cut (drained if using the canned variety. I prefer the dried bag, smoked flavor)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 package of gnocchi (16 oz)
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 3/4 cup half and half
- Coat a medium sized saute pan with olive oil and heat to medium/medium high.
- Add mushrooms.
- Once the mushrooms begin turning brown, add in the bell pepper and garlic.
- When the bell peppers have softened a bit, add sundried tomatoes.
- Season with salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Once all the liquid has been soaked by the veggies, add Marsala wine.
- In the meantime, bring a pot of water to boil.
- Cook gnocchi according to the package’s directions.
- Let the the wine reduce by about half. Then add the half and half.
- Once the sauce thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, turn the heat off and add in the cooked gnocchi.
- Coat the gnocchi and you’re ready to serve!
Many of you might be here solely for this, so without further ado: Welcome to my first giveaway, where you can win this awesome kitchen scale.
All you need to do is leave a comment suggesting a fun, creative fitness or diet challenge. You have only one week to enter!
*This giveaway is sponsored by SlimKicker–a calorie tracker that turns your diet/fitness goals into a game! You gain points by tracking healthy calories as well as completing challenges (ex: quitting soda for one week). They also have recipes for certain diets such as Dukan Diet. I highly recommend you check them out, and enter this awesome giveaway!
Have a great weekend everyone and stay healthy 🙂