I had one lonely apple sitting in the fridge. I was craving a mid-day snack. But I didn’t feel like my usual apple and peanut butter routine. Then the light bulb went off and I thought “CINNAMON APPLES”.
So I quickly googled to find a quick and easy recipe that would allow me to use things I had readily available in my kitchen. I decided to try out this recipe.
Again, I only had one apple…so I just pretty much took this recipe and cut it in 1/4th.
Warm Cinnamon Apples
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- a pinch of ground nutmeg (omit if you don’t have it on hand)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- Toss together first 4 ingredients, coating the apples with the spices and sugar.
- Cook apple mixture, water, butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Let cool a bit and indulge in some warm apples all by yourself 😉
This was the perfect little snack and I say it’s healthy! It also was good that I only had one apple because this recipe is so divine that if I had more apples, I’m sure I could have downed them all!