Again with the Brussels sprouts, I know…I’m shocked too. I have come to love these things! And this recipe is REALLY good. So simple and delicious. It’s also really healthy. No cream, no bacon. Just a little cheese 🙂
This is another recipe I came across on Pinterest. I was drawn to it because I had just bought Brussels sprouts on my weekly grocery trip and everything else I already had in my kitchen.
Roasted Garlic Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated (plus a little extra for sprinkling at the end), Parmesan works as well
- Extra Virgin olive oil
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Ground Red Pepper (Optional)
- Chipotle Seasoning (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly spray a 9×13 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cut off the bottom of each sprout.
- Remove the first layer of leaves, then wash the sprout.
- Cut the sprouts in bite size pieces (halved, quartered or in thirds).
- Mince garlic cloves.
- Mix garlic, oil, Brussels sprouts, salt, black pepper, cheese and ground red pepper if you want a bit of a kick.
- Put into baking dish and cook for 30-40 minutes (depending on how soft you like your Brussels sprouts).
- Once they are done, I drizzled them with more olive oil, sprinkled more cheese, salt, pepper and added garlic powder and chipotle seasoning to make it a bit spicier. Coat them evenly and serve!
Happy Eating my friends 😀