When it comes to breakfast, I usually like something sweet: pancakes, french toast–I love it all! But sometimes I get a craving for some eggs and bacon. This breakfast sandwich definitely hit the spot and now I’m craving it more than the sweet stuff, I mean just look at it!
Want to make these bad boys? Here’s what you’ll need…
- 8 eggs
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
- 6 english muffins
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 9 slices of your favorite cheese
- honey mustard (Ken’s Steakhouse is my absolute fave)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook bacon in a skillet. Don’t add any butter or oil, bacon has enough fat to keep it from sticking to the pan. Once the bacon is to your desired crispiness, dry on a paper towel and set aside.
- Drain and chop your sundried tomatoes.
- Butter 6 cups on your muffin tin. This will keep the egg patties from sticking.
- Crack eggs in a medium sized bowl. Add salt, pepper and garlic powder. Scramble it all up.
- Now it’s time to layer the muffin tins: Evenly distribute the spinach and sundried tomatoes among the 6 cups. Pour the eggs until each cup is about 1/2 to 3/4 full. This will give the egg patty room to puff up. Crumble bacon on top of eggs.
- Bake for about 22 minutes until golden and puffy. (Don’t turn oven off yet!)
- While those are in the oven, toast English muffins.
- Let the egg patties cool for a few minutes just so they are easy to handle.
- Place cheese on each side of the English muffin (I used about 1.5 slices per sandwich). Sandwich the egg patty in the middle.
- Throw the sandwiches in the oven until the cheese melts.
- To serve, drizzle honey mustard in sandwich.
Makes 6 sandwiches.