Sometimes chicken is boring and I hate eating the same thing over and over again, so this is sure to spice up your meal rotation.
I’ve made this recipe a few times now, and it has become a household favorite, so give it a try. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Blackened Chicken Breasts with Avocado
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 ripe Hass avocado
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- .75 – 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (3 cutlets at my local store)
- In a food processor, blend yogurt, avocado, lemon juice, garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, honey and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Taste and adjust to your liking. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix paprika, cumin, cayenne, onion powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon black pepper.
- Rub the seasoning on each chicken breast.
- Over medium-high heat, cook chicken in a pan coated with a thin layer of olive oil. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side. (depending on the size of your chicken, you may need to adjust the time–fully-cooked is 165 degrees F).
- To serve, divide avocado sauce on top of chicken breast.